Friday, March 12, 2010

#3 Florida State vs. #11 NC State

Last game of the night, State vs. State. This has got to be the highest seed the Seminoles have been at in many years. But I wouldn't count the Wolfpack out of this one by any means. They've already won in Tallahassee this year, and are on a pretty good roll right now. Speaking of Tallahassee, I didn't realize Creed were from Florida's capital city. I knew they were Floridians, just not the specific town. With that knowledge, it was an obvious choice to use them. And I'm even using their hit, "With Arms Wide Open," since I don't really want to listen to any of their other songs to pick out something better (or worse, most likely). At least I'm using the Strings Version for kicks. And you could definitely say that FSU's two All-ACC performers, Chris Singleton and Solomon Alabi, have wide wingspans.

To match up with Creed, I made the logical choice of Raleigh's best-known metal band, Corrosion of Conformity. I honestly don't know their stuff much at all, but I'm going with "Albatross," which was apparently a Top 20 hit from their biggest selling album Deliverance. If NC State managed to win 4 games in 4 days for the ACC title, maybe they'd finally be able to take the "albatross" of Jim Valvano's successes off of their collective neck. See what I did there? I'm clever.





Creed - With Arms Wide Open (Strings Version)
Corrosion of Conformity - Albatross

No comments:

Post a Comment