Thursday, February 25, 2010

The morning bus

Deciding what to listen to on the morning bus usually comes down to two decisions. First, do I want something upbeat to wake me up, or something kinda mellow to ease into. Second, do I want something with words, or something instrumental. If I'm reading a magazine, I'll probably go with the instrumental. This morning I ended up listening to Jim O'Rourke's "Halfway to a Threeway," mainly because I had previously been listening to "Hail to the Thief" and it was right next to it on the list. It was a good accompaniment though to the sunny day, a rarity this month. The third song, "The Workplace," came on as I walked into the lobby of my building complex, teeming with the masses waiting in line for their Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts. Very appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment